|Log In or Register to Post a Reply|
Dr Ajaya Kashyap »
May 29, 2017 at 5:24 am
Hair transplant is the latest craze not only for those who have lost their hair to untimely fall but even for them who want to alter their hairlines or acquire an attractive mane. But are hair transplants really safe and successful? Is it a lasting process or does this procedure result in unwarranted tissue changes in body?
Steps for hair transplant
It is a surgical process that involves removal of hair follicles from any site in the body like face or legs and planting them on the hairless portion. This process is also used in transplanting hair in lashes and brows. The latest techniques are permanent and they pick up follicular clusters of hair. This process is called Follicular Hair Transplantation (FUT) which can be done in two ways, strip harvesting and follicular unit extraction (FUE).
In strip harvesting, skin strips with good hair growth are planted on balding areas and in follicular unit extraction hair clusters with their roots are manually removed and planted at the hairless site.
Strip harvesting is what the surgeons are mostly adopting these days. It leaves a slim scar at the donor site and promises recovery within two weeks.
FUE can be done in a single or several settings. It is a manual and time taking process but gives very natural results and leaves behind no marks. However, it is not a cost effective process and is time consuming both for the doctor and the patient. However use of robotics has reduced the time in this process and simplified it immensely.
Here are the steps:
1. Preparation for the hair transplant
2. Donor area trimmed
3. Donor area prepared for surgery
4. Tissue in the donor area removed and the Donor area sutured.
5. Combed hair over sutured donor area
6. Donor tissue trimmed into follicular unit grafts
7. Bald recipient area prepared
8. Incisions made in the balding areas
9. Grafts placed according to their densities
10. Immediately after the Hair Transplant Surgery
11. Closing of the Hair Transplant Surgery
Hair transplant is a non invasive procedure and is on several occasions done on an outpatient basis. Mostly patients are allowed to shampoo after two three days although the scalp needs to be protected from sun and infections for a while after the surgery. The patients are generally put on antibiotics for a few days.
Must know facts about hair transplant:
1) The transplanted hair behaves like natural hair and sheds between two to four weeks of transplant. The roots thereafter start sprouting hair naturally and continue to do so for a lifetime.
2) Use of local anesthesia makes it a painless procedure and the patient can go home the same day.
Tag: hair transplant in Delhi, hair transplant cost in Delhi, hair surgeon in Delhi, hair transplant doctor in Delhi, hair loss treatment in Delhi, hair cosmetic surgeon in India
Get more information:
Get more information:
Dr Ajaya Kashyap
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.